One of the rising stars in the fast food business across the USA is Chipotle. Tasty, quick, Mexican-influenced flavored food with some spicy kick is a favorite for many.
As great as it is taste-wise, it can be problematic for people on a keto diet.
You can still consume some low-carb options if you know what to look for and if you know what to avoid.
Items to avoid ordering at Chipotle
- Taco shells
- Burrito wraps
- Tortilla chips
- High-carb dressings
- High-carb drinks
Items that you can order at Chipotle on a keto diet.
- Meat options – steak, carnitas, chicken, barbacoa.
- One vegan meat substitute: sofritas, which are shredded Hodo Soy tofu marinated in a spicy sauce (chipotle, roasted poblanos, and Mexican spices).
- Two vegetables options: lettuce and fajita vegetables
- Three dairy ingredients: sour cream, shredded Monterey Jack cheese, and queso.
- Four low-carb salsas: fresh tomato salsa, guacamole, tomatillo green chili salsa, and tomatillo red chilli salsa.
- Customized burrito bowl